"Are you so busy in life, that you missed the UNLIMITED LOVE, that came searching for you?"

Saturday 23 October, 2010

Just Missed!!!

Dear all,

While the Jubilee excitement is in the air, I missed by a day something that is of great importance to me.

It was on 21st October 1996, the last day of Campus Meet '96 at Nirmala College (Muvattupuzha, Kareala), that I first ever made an act of commitment to the LORD. I was not sure what I was doing, I had never had any plans to do such a thing before coming there. The last day last session was led by Manoj Sunny chettan, who talked about Jesus Youth movement, its Catholic roots, Charismatic spirituality etc. Many of the things I did not understand. But when he asked us on the previous day (20th) to write on a piece of paper the names of those who hurt me and whom I need to forgive, I did so, and I was a bit surprised when we were asked to surrender those people to the Lord and tear the paper down. But with the 3 grace-filled days, I was really responding positively to the sessions, and I honestly and earnestly obeyed. On the final day (21st), Manojettan asked us to write down a few decisions that we all want to take. I think I made a decision to surrender my life to the LORD and to be faithful to Him. And I asked Him the grace to keep the commitments, because I knew I didn't have a strong will power.

(I heard after the programme from some leaders that that programme was not as fruitful as it was expected. I don't know all those things. What I know is that the LORD touched me and blessed me through it. Praise Jesus!!)

So, it's 14th anniversary just passed after making my first commitment to the LORD. In Biblical terms, 2 Sabbath Years have gone by. It is inviting me to thank, introspect, correct, hope and march ahead along with the cloud of witnesses around me, many of those belonging to Jesus Youth movement. Say one prayer for me as you read this.

Happy Jubilee!!

No comments: