"Are you so busy in life, that you missed the UNLIMITED LOVE, that came searching for you?"

Thursday 21 October, 2010

A Jubilee Decision

In this Jubilee Year, I am making a decision very special to me. My patron saint is St. Martin de Porres (http://magnificat.ca/cal/engl/11-03.htm). His story is worth said, that can move the heart of the hardest nature. I am known by my saint's name only in my Mulund circles only, where I got baptized in the year 2002. It sometimes pricks my conscience that even I remember him very rarely. But in these days of real blessings of the Jubilee, I have decided to remind myself and others that I am born again as "Martin", with great deal of his intercession, and above all the intercession of Mary our mother. I will be glad if anyone starts addressing me as Martin. I am sure that if someone calls me Martin when I am in the state of sin, that itself would make me run to the confessional.

The biggest detail I've ever got about St Martin was a book I read on him which is not more than 100 pages. But as I read it sometime in 1999, I knew that he is going to be my patron saint if I ever get baptized. One small book was enough to build a strong bond between us!! I received baptism on 8th September 2002 (solemnity of the Nativity of Blessed Virgin Mary, and also a Sunday), an on the same year I received my first Sacrament of Penance, First Holy Communion and Holy Confirmation. Our Bishop was coming on November 10th to give the First Holy Communion and Confirmation to the children. Since I was receiving both, Fr. Joju the parish priest said that Confirmation is generally given after Communion. But in the Solemn Celebration, Communion is at the last and Confirmation is in the middle. Since I am receiving both, I was advised to receive Communion in the previous Sunday itself. That was November 3rd 2002 Sunday, which was also the Feast of St. Martin de Porres!!!! Praise God!

Before I disclosed that I wanted to have my name as Martin, some of my prayer group members got a message that Martin is the name shown to them. That was a joyful confirmation.

This is thus my first mail with the changed signature, through which I want to proclaim to myself and to the world about what I am called to be.

No comments: