"Are you so busy in life, that you missed the UNLIMITED LOVE, that came searching for you?"

Thursday 19 October, 2006

On the Feast of St. Luke

Here is again a JOYnet posting dated 19-Oct-2004

A striking feature of Luke's gospel is the open invitation to all to receive mighty healings not only in body, but also in spirit and broken hearts. As I understand, no other evangelist has unveiled this face of Jesus as the Total Healer in every realm of human life as much as Luke did. When I started experiencing the irresistable love of Jesus in my life, I was a little hesitant, because neither I nor the people who knew me had a good impression about me. I, out of my ignorance thought that God is unaware of my past (looks silly right???). How can someone so good love someone else so bad!!! But slowly through His humble servants as God encouraged me to read the Gospel.... I was so amazed by the FORGIVING and HEALING LOVE of Jesus.

Here are a very few examples I can remember.

  • Healing the servant of the centurion (Lk 7:1-10). (Very special to me as I am from a Hindu family)
  • The parable of the lost lamb (Lk 15:1-7)
  • The parable of the lost coin (Lk 15:8-10)
  • The parable of the prodigal son (Lk 15:11-32)
  • Healing and forgiving words to the sinner woman who washed His feet (Lk 7:36-50)
  • Jesus calling Sacceus (Lk 19:1-10)
For people deeply hurt by lack of confidence, rejection, insecurity, guilty conscience, failure, sinfulness, fear, for all brokenness in spirit, mind and body, Dr. Luke prescribes Jesus as THE MEDICINE. Luke is a true doctor who knows the faculties God gives to the human doctors, as also their limitations. Thank you St. Luke, for God used you to bring our broken selves to the Divine Doctor.

No comments: